Friday, February 20, 2015

Geni Tree

I heard the other day that Geni is trying to build a family tree for the entire world. It never made sense to me why this doesn't already exist, so I tried adding my family tree on to it.

Without going very far I got to the end of my memory, going back farther would actually take research. Maybe someday I will look into the matter more, but now there are another 48 people in their system. It is just a matter of time before someone else on the list expands it further. At the rate the World Family Tree is growing, mine should merge in the next two or three years.

Unfortunately the site is rather annoying. They try really hard to sell me services which I don't really have any interest in. I suppose that is the cost of keeping such an idea alive though.

No comments: