Friday, May 16, 2014

Apple is slipping

After getting lost one too many times from relying on Apple maps I switched back to Google maps a few months ago. It has some flaws, for example it is not as easy to bookmark common destinations and if it does not know a location it will sometimes send me to the center of the city, or even the state, where I said to go without telling me it did this. However, it does not give absolutely ridiculous directions nearly as often as Apple does.

Now I just switched to Chrome as my browser on the iphone. Apple has refused to implement the most basic and necessary feature I need in a browser. The ability to turn off mobile sites. In Chrome I just select one option, and magically all mobile sites disappear. After years of pressing "desktop site" buttons which don't work, and trying to find covert ways to avoid the mobile version of sites I feel stupid for not making the switch years ago.

4 comments:

FRIV10GO said...


What also has its drawbacks, the invention will be improved after the first, I think you should not be too bothered about this issue.

Unknown said...

I think Google maps will fully satisfy you more features, because they were ahead for device positioning satellites.
Visit mysite friv 2 | Z6 | friv 1

friv4 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
unblocked games said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.