Saturday, April 2, 2011

I feel sick

I woke up this morning and noticed that my pants are once again getting too small for me. The reasons for this are obvious. When I cook for myself, I lose weight. When I eat out, or someone else cooks a lot for me I gain weight. I have had way too much food from restaurants in the past few weeks.

So, I decided that I should try to eat nothing but leaves today. My best guess is that Americans would be a lot lighter if they ate more greens. While getting more sleep, sitting less, and many other hypotheses for the great fattening of America make some sense as well, low calorie density foods have a really good case for them.

So I ate my radish sprouts for breakfast. It is really hard to eat a whole package of radish sprouts. It is almost as hard as when I tried to eat that entire purple korean radish all at once. But I got to the end of it.

Then I went to a grocery store and a farmers market. I bought: two types of Cabbage, two types of Lettice, Parsley, Watercress, Dandelion Greens, Leeks, Kale and Spinach.

I then tried to eat the red cabbage raw for lunch. I ate until I felt sick, and I am still feeling hungry. Sarah's eggs smell really good. We will see if this grand experiment makes it to the end of the day.

No comments: