Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aquarium

I finally gave in and got a little aquarium again. It is only 6 gallons, mostly because I am pretty sure I can convince anywhere I live that a 6 gallon aquarium is alright. In reality, buying the aquarium used it isn't a whole heck of a lot cheaper to get a 6 gallon aquarium than my old 29 gallon aquarium. Still, it might make me a bit more skilled with planted aquariums.

I am probably going to get one or two more plant varieties and just raise cherry shrimp and Amano shrimp, perhaps a few ottos if the algae is bad.

Right now it looks like crap though:





Hopefully after a week or two for the water to get less cloudy and the plants to grow it will look better. I may just get rid of most of the hornwort. More than likely I will wait until the tank is doing well though to do so. As a fast growing plant it should do wonders for water quality.

No comments: