Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reviews

One thing I regularly do is use the internet to choose things. Amazon.com reviews for example are the best source of information I have found on a huge range of products. Following this theme I recently started using yelp.com as a way to find restaurants. So far it has proven one step up from randomly choosing based on signs, but nowhere near as good as amazon.com reviews. Since it allows you to find the most popular places in any town it is worth looking at as a way to learn a neighborhood.

So I decided I would write reviews. I learned one thing, this is really hard. Most restaurants are more or less the same: You pay some cute girl to be really nice to you, and bring you really good food. They do so. You go home and wonder why you are getting fat. I kept going since I felt like I should improve the statistics of the site, but don't think I will be quitting my day job to review restaurants any time soon.

No comments: