Saturday, May 2, 2009

Moving forward

I got the job at Southern California Edison, but can't start until I got everything squared away with Cornell. It was a bit more drama than I had hoped, but I managed to get my thesis approved in its final form yesterday afternoon. From what I can tell from the website I still owe Cornell some unspecified amount of money, and once I pay it I can get a letter stating that I have finished all requirements there. Hopefully then I can move my start date to May 15th, although that does depend on me avoiding bureaucratic snags. If not I start June 8th.

I found a decent apartment building in Pico Rivera that I can move into for $600. Chances are I will take that for at least the next year. If nothing else it is nicer than any apartment I had in Ithaca.

No comments: